How Can A Connecticut Attorney Help Me After A Truck Accident?
Make Sure You Fully Understand Your Rights
Truck accidents in Connecticut can be catastrophic. In an instant, you can sustain a serious injury that changes your life forever. You might not be able to walk normally due to a rear-end accident on Interstate 95. You might not be able to work due to a high-speed crash on I-84 or I-91. And if you don't take strong legal action right away, you might not get the money you rightfully deserve for your accident.
We know what's at stake at the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone & Morelli. That's because our experienced Connecticut truck accident lawyers have dedicated their careers to standing up for the rights of accident victims throughout the state. That's why we're eager to meet with you.
Even if your truck accident appears straightforward, many ultimately turn out to be much more complex cases for many different reasons. Sometimes, truck drivers change their stories. Other times, trucking companies or insurance providers can be difficult to deal with. Whatever the reason, simply contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation right now.
What We Can Do For You
There are so many different ways our experienced attorneys can help you after your truck accident. In particular, we can:
- Conduct our own independent accident investigation - Just because the police are investigating your truck accident does not mean they have your best interests at heart. They only care about determining the case of your crash, not whether you're fairly compensated.
- Obtain a copy of your official accident report - It's important to carefully review your accident report. Even the slightest mistake could affect your ability to be fairly compensated for your crash.
- Interview witnesses - If someone saw your accident, their testimony could improve our ability to effectively negotiate with trucking companies or their insurance providers.
- Fill out paperwork - Truck accidents often involve filling out large amounts of paperwork. And if you fill any of these forms out wrong, you could jeopardize your ability to be receive damages (financial compensation) for your accident.
- Make sure you receive medical care - Your health matters most. If anyone tries to do something to prevent you from getting the care you need (whether it's claiming you're not hurt or trying to limit your doctor's visits), we can demand to have another doctor examine you or take legal action to get you the care you need.
- Investigate trucking companies - Trucking companies sometimes don't follow the rules. They hire unlicensed drivers. They fail to keep proper records. They don't properly maintain their vehicles. If they did any of these things or broke the law in any way, we know how to find the facts to build a strong legal case.
- Obtain trucking company records - Trucking companies must keep accurate records detailing various items, including the truck driver's driving record, hours of service and whether the truck driver or vehicle were previously involved in any accidents. We can obtain these records and determine if there was a pattern of reckless driving or negligent hiring practices in the past.
- Negotiate with insurance companies - Insurance companies will likely make you a low-ball offer immediately after your accident. We can - and know how to - demand more money for your accident-related expenses. That's because we know how to gather strong evidence and think long term when it comes to compensation.
- File a lawsuit on your behalf - If the insurance company or trucking company refuses to compensate you or negotiate with us after your truck accident, we will file a lawsuit against them and take them to court. We have extensive courtroom experience and know how to build a convincing case.
- Appeal your case if necessary - If you have already waged a legal battle against a trucking company, don't give up hope. We can appeal your case to a higher court in pursuit of the compensation you deserve.
These are just a few examples of some of the actions we can take on your behalf in pursuit of justice. Find out why people throughout Connecticut trust us to make things right. Contact the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone & Morelli.
Why Choose Us
Experience matters when it comes to complicated legal battles involving trucking companies. And if you don't have a legal team on your side that understands how justice system works, you could miss out on your opportunity to obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Our truck accident lawyers have decades of experience. That's why we have such a strong track record of success. We know what evidence to look for, what questions to ask and how to transfer all that information into a top-notch legal case.
You have enough things to worry about after your truck accident. Whether you hired the right law firm should not be one of them. Simply schedule a free case evaluation with our firm and discover what many people throughout Connecticut already know - our law firm puts injury victims' needs first.