Your Pedestrian Accident Matters
Find Out How A Lawyer Can Help You
People should be able to cross the street without living in fear of being hit by a driver. Unfortunately, pedestrian accidents happen. And when they do, the injuries people sustain can be very severe. Pedestrian accident injuries can range from broken bones and internal injuries to traumatic brain injuries and spinal cord damage. While many accidents involving pedestrians happen in urban areas such as Boston or Hartford, they can occur in smaller cities from Springfield to New Haven and everywhere in between in Massachusetts and Connecticut.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a pedestrian accident, make sure you take legal action as soon as possible. Make sure you contact the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone in Massachusetts or the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone & Morelli in Connecticut. Our pedestrian accident attorneys can aggressively investigate your case and help you get the money you rightfully deserve.
- Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents
- What Should I do if I'm a Victim of Pedestrian Accident?
- Frequently Asked Questions about Pedestrian Accidents
We also work on wrongful death cases with families who have lost a loved one in a pedestrian accident in Connecticut or Massachusetts. Whatever type of accident you're dealing with, contact us as soon as possible. You deserve to be compensated for your loss.
We can answer all your questions and address all your legal issues. Don't wait for insurance companies to make you a low-ball offer. Take back control. Contact a personal injury attorney you can trust and schedule your free case evaluation. Best of all, you only pay us if we win your case. Call 1-800-WIN-WIN-1 now.
Find Out Why
Pedestrian accidents happen for many reasons. Many of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents we regularly deal with include:
- Distracted drivers - Many drivers do not pay attention to everything going on around them while they're driving. Instead, they're fiddling with the radio, operating a GPS device, eating food or even putting on makeup. In each case, such activities divert the driver's attention away from the road - and away from anyone crossing the roadway.
- Texting drivers - An increasing number of distracted driving accidents are caused by texting drivers. Texting while driving is against the law in Connecticut and Massachusetts. But that doesn't stop many people from doing so. The result is many pedestrians sustain serious injuries due to drivers texting rather than focusing on the road.
- Speeding drivers - Many drivers hit people walking alongside a road or crossing the street because they're driving too fast. That's because speeding drivers don't have time to slow down for crosswalks. Or they may veer off the road because they're going too fast. Whatever the reason, speeding drivers should be held accountable for their actions.
- Drunk drivers - The dangers of drinking and driving have been well publicized for decades. Even so, many drivers still put people in danger when they drink and drive. Pedestrian accidents caused by drunk drivers often result in serious injuries. We know how to handle such serious accidents, and we have the case results to prove it.
You Have Rights
If a driver hits you while you're crossing the street or walking alongside a road, we strongly urge you to take the following steps after your pedestrian accident:
- Seek medical attention - Call for emergency medical help. Have a doctor, EMT or another medical professional examine you, even if you feel fine. You could have a serious, life-threatening internal injury. Don't try to diagnose yourself. Go to an emergency room or doctor's office immediately
- Call the police - Ask the police to investigate your accident. The driver could later deny any wrongdoing or even try to point the finger at you. An official accident report can make it much easier to be financially compensated for your injury.
- Gather information - Before the driver who caused your pedestrian accident leaves, make sure you get the driver's:
- Driver's license number
- License plate number
- Insurance information
- Interview witnesses - If someone saw your accident, make sure you and the police talk to them before they leave the scene. Remember to get their full name, address and phone number in case anyone needs to reach them in the future.
- Take photographs - Memories can be unreliable. Take photos of your accident scene and anything else that might help build a strong case, including:
- Damage to vehicle
- Your physical injuries
- Nearby stop signs or traffic signals
- Signs indicating a crosswalk
- Nearby streetlights, especially if they're not working and it's dark
- Follow-up appointment - Make sure you see a doctor at least one more time after your accident. Injuries sometimes take a while to develop. And even if you feel fine, you might have a life-threatening internal injury.
- Contact your insurance company - Simply call your insurance company and tell them you have been injured in a pedestrian accident. Do not answer any questions. Tell the company you have a lawyer and direct all questions to your attorney.
- Contact us - We have years of experience handling complicated pedestrian accidents throughout Massachusetts and we know what evidence to look for, how to negotiate with insurance companies and get injury victims the money they deserve. Don't settle for excuses and low-ball offers from insurance companies. Give your claim an advantage. Contact us!
Can We Help?
- What should I do if the driver flees the scene of my pedestrian accident?
- What should I do if the driver claims I caused the accident?
- Should I answer questions if an insurance company contacts me after my accident?
- Can I negotiate for more money with insurance companies for my accident?
- Can I file a pedestrian accident lawsuit?
- Why do I need a lawyer to handle my pedestrian accident?
Immediately call the police and tell them you're a victim of hit-and-run pedestrian accident. Also try to remember as much as you can about the car that hit you. Try to remember the type of car, color and license plate number if possible. Make note of the direction the car was heading in and tell police.
Contact us and do not talk to anyone other than the police about your accident. We can help set the record straight. We know how to investigate accidents and take the evidence and transform it into a rock-solid case. Don't try to get into a war of words with the driver who caused your accident. We can do the talking for you!
Politely tell them you have been in a pedestrian accident and that you have a lawyer. Do not answer any questions. Anything you say or write about your accident could be used against you. Remember, most insurance companies only care about one thing - paying injury victims as little as possible. Protect your rights. Contact us.
Yes. Insurance companies often make low-ball offers to injury victims, hoping they simply accept the money. The problem is that such offers fail to cover the true cost of an accident. If you receive an offer from an insurance company for your pedestrian accident, contact us. We can review their offer with you and likely negotiate for more money. We have a strong track record of success and we want to work with you.
Yes. Sometimes, the best solution to your legal problems is to file a lawsuit. We can meet with you and discuss if that's the right choice for you. Filing a lawsuit can be extremely complicated. We can help you every step of the way and make sure you receive the compensation you rightfully deserve.
Pedestrian accidents can be extremely complicated. After an accident, you only have one chance to get the money you rightfully deserve. Make the most of your opportunity. Contact us.
As your attorney, we can handle every detail of your legal case from start to finish. This includes:
- Thoroughly investigating your accident
- Reviewing accident report for important details
- Interviewing witnesses if necessary
- Negotiating directly with insurance companies
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf if necessary
- Taking other legal action if necessary
Remember, you didn't do anything wrong. You shouldn't have to pay for someone else's mistake. Get the money you deserve. Contact us today. We don't work for insurance companies or anyone else. Your best interests always come first here. Expect more. Contact us right now.