Detail-Oriented New Haven Attorneys Who Deliver Results
Tractor-trailers, delivery trucks and other large commercials vehicles often cause accidents in New Haven. Whether it's a rear-end accident on Church Street caused by a distracted truck driver or a high-speed collision on I-91 or I-95, truck accidents can result in serious injuries. That why you need an experienced New Haven truck accident lawyer working for you and protecting your rights.
The attorneys at the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone & Morelli have years of experience handling all types of truck accidents. That's why we have such a strong track record of success. We understand how the legal system works in New Haven. We know what questions to ask to uncover the truth.
This might be your only opportunity to obtain the compensation you rightfully deserve for your truck accident. Seize it. Contact our New Haven office and schedule your free case evaluation right now. Best of all, you only pay us if we win your case. We work this way because we value your time and your money.
New Haven Office
376 Whalley Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511
Common Causes Of Truck Accidents?
Truck accidents happen in New Haven for many different reasons. The most common causes of truck accidents include:
- Speeding truck drivers
- Distracted truck drivers
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Impaired driving (drugs or alcohol)
- Tailgating (driving to close to other vehicles)
In some cases, a truck accident can be traced back to a trucking company's negligence. Whether a trucking company hired a driver without doing a thorough background check or pinched pennies when it was time to service their fleet, the consequences can be tragic. Claims can also be brought against truck drivers, shipping companies and brokers for legal responsibility for an accident.
Frequent ways trucking companies, shipping companies and brokers are negligent include:
- Reckless hiring practices - Truckers are supposed to be professional drivers held to a high standard. Some trucking companies don't take the time to see whether or not a potential driver is qualified for the job, however. Too many trucking companies cut corners in the hiring process and put someone with a history of moving violations or substance abuse behind the wheel of an 80,000-pound tractor-trailer. They may even hire someone without a valid CDL (Commercial Driver's License).
- Lack of training, supervision, and oversight - Trucking companies are responsible for training drivers to be prepared for foul weather or emergency situations. They also should:
- Educate drivers about safety regulations.
- Stay on top of the most recent Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements.
- Have competent supervisors and safety directors in place.
- Assure dispatchers send drivers on safe routes.
- Have an adequate budget dedicated to safety.
- Make sure fatigued truckers stay off the road.
- Ignoring weight limits - There are laws in place to limit how heavy a tractor-trailer can be because overloaded 18-wheelers are at an increased risk of crashing. Heavy trucks can damage the structural integrity of roads and bridges. They are also much harder for the trucker to maneuver, which poses a safety risk. So why do trucking companies break the weight limit rules? It's simple. The more cargo they deliver, the more money they make.
- Poor truck maintenance - A semi-truck's engine can last up to 1 million miles, but that doesn't mean an 18-wheeler should go without routine maintenance and service. Trucking companies should regularly inspect the tractor-trailer's:
- Tire tread and pressure
- Underride guards
In the event you get injured in a collision with an 18-wheeler, you'll need all the help you can get. That's because the trucking company's insurance provider often has a team of attorneys and investigators ready to deploy to the scene of the crash to gather critical pieces of evidence and find witnesses - to dispute your claim or lawsuit.
Our experienced New Haven truck accident lawyers can level the playing field. We know how to fight back against the trucking company and prove the accident wasn't your fault. No matter how your truck accident happened, the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone and Morelli can help you get the compensation you're entitled to.
Rely On Us
How We Can Help You
Truck accidents in New Haven can be very complicated for several reasons. These reasons include:
- Truck drivers deny doing anything wrong
- Trucking companies can be hard to reach (especially out-of-state trucking companies)
- Obtaining records from trucking companies can be difficult
- Trucking companies sometimes change their records after an accident in an attempt to conceal illegal activity
- Several different companies may be responsible for the accident (the trucking company, the company that loaded the truck, the company that packaged the products in the truck, etc.)
And then there are the insurance companies. As with most accidents, the insurance companies that represent the truck driver and the trucking company often do everything they can to pay accident victims as little as possible, even when the truck driver clearly caused the accident. In fact, the insurance companies tend to fight harder on truck accident claims because the stakes are so high.
That's not right. That's why we want to meet with you and help you hold the truck driver, the trucking company and anyone else responsible for your accident accountable for their actions. We know how the legal system works in New Haven and we do not rest until justice is served!