Boston Car Accident Lawyer
Injured in an Accident? Demand Justice. Our Attorneys Can Help
You drive in Boston. You know what it's like. Cars cutting each other off on Storrow Drive or the Southeast Expressway. Distracted drivers rear-ending other cars on Commonwealth Avenue or the Mass Pike. Speeding drivers on I-93 or Charles Street causing crashes that result in concussions or whiplash. It's no wonder there are so many auto accidents in Boston.
A serious Boston car accident can be devastating. Victims often face a wide range of issues, from pain and suffering to skyrocketing medical bills and lost income. Depending on the circumstances of the car accident, you may never fully recover. We understand how overwhelming a motor vehicle accident can be for victims and their families. That's why our Boston car accident lawyers want to help.
2 Oliver Street, #608
Boston, MA 02109
Phone: (857) 444-6468
At the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone, we have a well-earned reputation throughout Boston for being a no-nonsense law firm that gets the job done. Our Boston law firm has obtained more than $500 MILLION in settlements, awards, benefits and verdicts for accident victims in Boston and throughout Massachusetts. When we take a case, we do not rest until justice is served.
Why Do Auto Accidents Happen in Boston?
You've seen it all driving in Boston. That's why we're sure you're not surprised that so many Boston car accidents happen for all sorts of reasons from West Roxbury to the North End. Common causes we regularly deal with at our law firm include:
- Texting while driving (even though it's against the law in Massachusetts)
- Drinking while driving
- Falling asleep
There are many other reasons why accidents happen here. Whatever the reason, we're prepared to work with you and uncover the truth.
We handle all types of car accidents
We deal with all types of car accidents every single day. Many of the most common ones we handle at our office in Boston include:
Whatever type of accident you're dealing with in Boston, no matter how simple or complicated it might seem, contact our law firm right away. We know how to find the facts and hold drivers accountable for their actions. That's why we want to meet with you.
Dangerous Intersections in Boston
“Where did your car accident happen?”
More than 4,000 car accidents happen each year in Boston on average, according to the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT). Many of these car crashes happen at dangerous intersections, including:
- Morton St. & Harvard St.
- Washington St. & Boston’s Central Artery
- Berkeley St. & Back St. (Storrow Drive entrance)
- Massachusetts Ave. & Melnea Cass Blvd.
- Commonwealth Ave. & Charlesgate W.
- Brookline Ave. & Fenwood Rd.
Are You Hurt?
Common Boston Car Accident Injuries
Many people get hurt in car crashes in Boston and throughout Massachusetts. Each year, more than 17,000 people on average get hurt in crashes across the state, according to MassDOT. Some of these injuries require extensive medical care, including emergency medical treatment at Massachusetts General Hospital or another nearby medical facility.
Such injuries cover a wide range, including:
- Whiplash and other serious neck injuries
- Concussions and other traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Back injuries, including spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones and bone fractures
- Internal injuries, including organ damage
Are you in pain due to a serious car accident injury? Whatever type of injury you sustained in your car crash, make sure you get the medical attention you need now. Then talk to a Boston car accident lawyer at our law firm. We can help.
What To Do
“What should I do after my Boston car accident?”
You need to act fast after a car crash. If you don’t take action, your health and your legal rights could be at risk. Take the following steps:
- Call 911. A dispatcher can notify the nearest Boston Police Department precinct or Massachusetts State Police There are 12 BPD district offices and 5 state police barracks in Boston.
- Ask the dispatcher to send an ambulance if you or anyone else is seriously hurt.
- If you can do so, take pictures of your accident.
- If someone saw your collision, get their full name and phone number. Any eyewitnesses who saw your accident can provide valuable testimony.
- Talk to the other driver and get their information, including their name, address, insurance information and driver’s license number.
- Don’t talk about your accident with anyone at the scene of the crash other than the investigating Boston police officer or state trooper. Anything you say could later be used to deny your car accident claim.
- Call a Boston car accident lawyer at our law firm as soon as possible. The sooner you talk to us, the sooner we can start investigating your crash.
How Much Money?
“What is my car accident claim worth?”
We hear this question a lot at our Boston law firm – “How much money is my car accident claim worth?” The short answer? You should be paid for all of your accident-related expense. What you might not realize is just how many expenses that includes. It’s not just money for emergency medical care or vehicle repairs. You should also be paid for long-term expenses, years after your car accident. Such expenses can include:
- Follow-up surgical procedures
- Physical therapy for chronic pain
- Replacement income while you recover
- Future income if you cannot return to work
- Pain and suffering
Add all these expenses up and your car accident claim or lawsuit can easily be worth thousands of dollars or significantly more.
Should I Sue?
“Should I file a car accident lawsuit?”
After a serious car crash in Boston caused by another driver, one option for getting the money you deserve is to file a lawsuit and take legal action against the at-fault party. This is distinct from any criminal charges that may be pursued by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts in connection with the same accident.
We can help you decide where to file your car accident lawsuit in Boston. Depending on how much money you are seeking, you will likely take legal action in one of two courts:
- Suffolk County District Court (also known as Boston Municipal Court)
- Suffolk County Superior Court
Boston Municipal Court (BMC) has 8 divisions and primarily handles car accident lawsuits involving damages (legal term for money) under $50,000. Suffolk County Superior Court handles Boston car accident lawsuits over $50,000.
Another consideration is time. You generally need to file your lawsuit within 3 years of your car accident due to the Massachusetts statute of limitations (legal deadline). However, other deadlines can apply in some circumstances. If you miss a deadline, you could miss out on your opportunity to get the money you deserve.
Take Back Control
"How can a lawyer help me with my car crash in Boston?"
You might think you don't need an attorney if someone else caused your car crash in Boston. You're not alone in thinking that you can easily get the money you deserve for your accident. You didn't do anything wrong. Why should there be any problems?
Unfortunately, most car accidents aren't so simple. And insurance companies are often to blame. Instead of helping you out, many insurance companies do everything they can to reduce or deny accident claim. They might even point the finger at you, claiming you caused the collision.
Insurance companies don't scare us. We know how to take them on and win. If someone else caused your car crash, you shouldn't have to pay for their mistakes. That's the way we do business in Boston. That's why you deserve us on your side. Schedule an appointment at our Boston office. We can also meet anywhere else in the Boston area. You decide.
The Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone - the car accident attorneys Boston trusts to make things right.