Slip and Fall in Hartford?
Rely On Us. Our Hartford Attorneys Fight For Justice
Slip and fall in a restaurant on Trumbull Street in Hartford? Injure your back from falling on an ice covered sidewalk on Pearl Street? Or perhaps you're suffering from a head injury you sustained after tripping on an unmarked hazard in a parking lot on Capitol Avenue?
Whatever the cause of your slip and fall accident, you shouldn't have to suffer because of someone else's reckless or negligent behavior. You have rights, and our Hartford slip and fall accident attorneys can fight for them.
At the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone & Morelli, we know what it takes to win complicated cases. That's because we have been successfully representing injury victims and their families for years. We have recovered millions of dollars for injury victims in Connecticut. That's why we want to meet with you for a free case evaluation and learn more about your accident.
100 Farmington Avenue, #2A
Hartford, CT 06105
Phone: (860) 548-9991
Why slip and fall accidents happen
Slip and fall accidents in Hartford often occur because the property owner failed to properly maintain their property. In legal terms, this is known as negligence, which means the property owner failed to ensure a safe environment and their carelessness led to an injury. Common examples include:
- Restaurant owner or employee does not clean up spilled food on the floor, resulting in a slip and fall accident.
- Retail store owner waxes the floor and does not put a warning sign near the slippery spot.
- Hotel owner or employee leaves spilled water on the floor for hours in the lobby.
- Parking garage owner knows about a loose handrail in a stairway but fails to fix it.
- Apartment building owners know about a loose or missing step on a staircase leading into the building but do not fix it.
What to do after a slip and fall accident in Hartford
In order to protect your rights - and your health - we strongly recommend taking the following actions after your slip and fall accident in Hartford:
- Contact the police - Depending on the circumstances of your accident, the police might need to investigate your slip and fall accident. This is especially true if the property owner violated any laws and failed to properly maintain their property.
- Seek immediate medical treatment - This step serves two purposes: your injury is treated in a timely manner and you'll create an official record of your injury. By having a record of your injury, insurance companies have proof that you were hurt. Otherwise, you might have a hard time getting the money you rightfully deserve.
- Gather evidence - Don't simply rely on the police to investigate your slip and fall accident. Make sure you do your part to protect your rights. This includes:
- Saving your shoes (put them in a plastic bag and don’t wear them again until your case is resolved)
- Interviewing witnesses (get their full names, addresses and phone numbers. Witness testimony is critical to winning cases)
- Taking photographs (of the accident scene and your injuries)
- Writing down exactly what happened while it's fresh in your mind
- Contact us - Our Hartford experienced attorneys can work with you every step of the way. From negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf to filing a lawsuit if necessary for your slip and fall accident, we do not rest until justice is served!