Trust Our Hartford Accident Attorneys For Justice
Accidents involving large, commercial trucks in Hartford often cause serious injuries. Whether it's a tractor-trailer crashing into a car on I-84 or a delivery truck colliding with another vehicle on Maple Avenue, the consequences of a truck accident can be devastating. That's why it's critical that you have a Hartford truck accident lawyer who knows how to get results. That's why you need the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone & Morelli on your side.
No accident is ever planned, but you can take steps afterward to make sure you are protected. Our attorneys fight hard to protect the rights of clients injured in truck accidents in Hartford. We have seen the devastation of accidents caused by 18-wheelers. In a split second, your entire life can change due to a serious truck accident on I-91 or elsewhere in Hartford.
If the truck driver, trucking company, shipping company or broker acted in a reckless or negligent manner, you may be entitled to compensation for your crash. But you'll never know for sure until you meet with one of our attorneys. Contact our law firm and schedule your free evaluation at our Hartford office right now. We have years of experience helping people just like you.
100 Farmington Avenue, #2A
Hartford, CT 06105
Phone: (860) 548-9991
Why Truck Accidents Happen
Accidents involving tractor-trailers in Hartford happen for a wide range of reasons. The most common causes we regularly deal with at our law firm include:
- Speeding truck drivers
- Distracted truck drivers
- Truck drivers asleep at the wheel
- Impaired truck drivers (whether it's alcohol or drugs)
In many cases, a claim can be brought against more than just the truck driver. Trucking companies, shipping companies and brokers can be held legally responsible for contributing to an accident. Often times, a trucking company can be held legally responsible for contributing to an accident caused by their truck driver. These trucking companies have an obligation to do their due diligence when hiring potential drivers. They also need to properly maintain their fleet and make sure their truck drivers are being adequately trained and supervised.
If the trucking company takes shortcuts and acts recklessly, the end result can be a horrific truck accident.
Some common ways trucking companies, shipping companies and brokers are negligent include:
- Questionable hiring practices - In an effort to cut down on time and costs, some trucking companies hire drivers with no experience or qualifications to operate an 80,000-pound tractor-trailer. Sometimes trucking companies don't do a thorough background check on potential drivers and end up putting someone with multiple moving violations or a history of substance abuse behind the wheel of a semi-truck. They may in fact hire someone who doesn't even have a valid Commercial Driver's License (CDL).
- Inadequate training, supervision, and oversight - Truck drivers should receive sufficient training and supervision from their employers. This includes education about safety and how to operate an 18-wheeler through poor weather or road conditions. Supervisors and dispatchers are responsible for making sure fatigued drivers don't end up behind the wheel of a tractor-trailer. They also need to ensure truckers are being sent on safe routes. The trucking company as a whole should actively hold regular training seminars and have an adequate budget for safety programs. Likewise, it should be aware of current Commercial Driver's License (CDL) and Department of Transportation (DOT) requirements.
- Overweight tractor-trailers - More cargo usually equals more money, and sometimes trucking companies ignore weight limit laws to maximize profits. An overweight 18-wheeler can damage roads, bridges, and overpasses. It also makes it tougher for the truck driver to maneuver the tractor-trailer and bring the 18-wheeler to a complete stop.
- Insufficient truck maintenance - Trucking companies need to regularly maintain and service their tractor-trailers. Examining tire tread and pressure, inspecting brakes, servicing the engine and transmission, testing lights, and checking underride guards are all important things that should be done regularly.
When you've been injured in a truck accident, the odds are stacked against you. The trucking company's insurance provider often has a team of attorneys and investigators ready to run to the crash scene to collect evidence and find witnesses - all in an effort to squash your claim or lawsuit. That's why you need an experienced Hartford truck accident lawyer from the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone and Morelli to even the odds and give yourself a fighting chance at the compensation you deserve.
What We Can Do For You
Truck accidents in Hartford often result in serious and debilitating injuries, including internal injuries, spinal cord damage and even brain injuries. Faced with such serious injuries, you would think that insurance companies would fairly compensate you or a loved one after such a serious accident.
Instead, most insurance companies do everything they can to delay or deny your claim. That's not right. That's why we work so hard on every single truck accident case we handle in Hartford. We do whatever it takes to build strong legal cases. This includes:
- Analyzing accident reports
- Demanding access to truck company records
- Reviewing truck driver log books
- Consulting with accident reconstruction experts
- Aggressively negotiating with insurance companies
- Jury testing evidence in our in-house courtroom
- Filing a lawsuit if necessary against the insurance provider or trucking company
Our goal is simply - to get maximum compensation for you after your truck accident. But it's not about the money. It's about doing the right thing for someone who did nothing wrong.