Car Accident in Worcester?
Contact Us. Our Attorneys Know How To Win Tough Cases
Auto accidents happen every day in Worcester. Just ask one of our experienced Worcester car accident lawyers. From rear-end crashes on Route 9 to high speed crashes on I-290, all it takes is one small mistake to cause a serious accident with severe injuries. And while many accidents are truly accidents, often such collisions occur due to someone's reckless or negligent behavior.
If you or a loved one was injured in an accident in Worcester caused by another driver, it's critical that you take strong legal action as soon as possible. You only have a limited amount of time under Massachusetts law to take action against the person who caused your crash. The "Statute of Limitations" (deadline for initiating legal action) is 3 years in most cases.
That might seem like a long time. But car accident claims can be very complicated, taking months or years to resolve. And the longer you wait to take legal action, the harder it might be for you to find the evidence you need to build a strong legal case. Our Worcester car accident lawyers know what to do and we have the case results to prove it: More than $500 MILLION in settlements, awards, benefits and verdicts recovered for accident victims statewide. Your case matters at the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone.
545 Main St.
Worcester, MA 01608
Phone: (508) 753-1036
We Can Help
Auto Accidents We Handle In Worcester
There are so many different types of motor vehicle accidents. Many of the most common car accidents we regularly deal with in Worcester include:
- Rear-end accidents
- Head-on collisions
- Intersection accidents
- Hit-and-run crashes
- Passenger-injury accidents
All of these accidents often occur for similar reasons, including:
- Distracted driving (including texting while driving)
- Drinking and driving
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Reckless driving
And even when we're dealing with the same kind of accident, there are always small but important differences from one accident to another. That's why it's critical that you contact us as soon as possible to discuss your case.
What To Do
Steps To Take After Your Worcester Car Crash
There are many things you should do right away after your car accident in Worcester to protect your health and your legal rights. These steps include:
- Call the police (call 911) and tell them you’ve been involved in a car crash. The dispatcher will notify the Worcester Police Department or the Massachusetts State Police depending on where your collision took place in Worcester.
- Get medical attention right away. Even if you think you’re ok, you could have a serious, life-threatening injury. And if your accident took place a few hours or days ago, it’s not too late to see a doctor. Many car accident injuries have delayed symptoms, including whiplash, concussions, and other serious traumatic brain injuries.
- Take photos of your crash site. Pictures can be powerful pieces of evidence in support of your accident claim. The more photos you take, the better.
- Talk to eyewitnesses who saw your crash. Make sure you get their full name and phone number. That way, investigators can track them down and talk to them about your collision.
- Get the other driver’s information, including their name, address, phone number, driver’s license number and insurance information.
- Give the same information to the other driver. It’s the law in Massachusetts.
- Once you’ve exchanged information with the other driver, don’t discuss your crash with anyone – at the crash site or even with other people hours or days after your accident. Anything you say or post online can be used by insurance companies to deny your car accident injury claim.
- Call a Worcester car accident lawyer right away. The sooner you have our legal team handling your case, the better.
Demand Your Money
How Much Is My Worcester Car Accident Worth?
We hear this question a lot at our law firm – and for good reason. If you got hurt in a car crash in Worcester, car accident expenses can add up fast. And if another driver caused your collision, you should receive money to pay all your accident-related bills.
But what you might not know is just how many expenses your car accident settlement or lawsuit should cover. Such expenses can include:
- Medical care to treat your car accident injury, including emergency medical procedures like surgery shortly after your crash to long-term follow-up medical treatments (including physical therapy) years after your accident, especially if have ongoing medical issues like chronic pain.
- Vehicle repairs or the cost of buying a new car if your vehicle was a total loss due to the crash.
- Replacement income if you need time off from work to rest and recover after your accident.
- Lost future income if you can’t return to work due to a permanent disability sustained in the crash.
- Pain and suffering.
Add all these expenses up and your car accident can easily be worth thousands of dollars or a lot more money. So what’s the best way to know how much money you should receive for your car accident? Talk to a lawyer at our Worcester law firm as soon as possible. We can help.
Take Back Control
Can I File A Worcester Car Accident Lawsuit?
If you got seriously hurt in a car crash caused by another driver on Southbridge Street or another busy road in Worcester, you have the right to take legal action against the at-fault driver in order to obtain the money you rightfully deserve. But just because you can file a lawsuit does not mean the process is simple or straightforward.
First, you have to decide where to take legal action. In many cases, someone injured in a Worcester car accident will file a lawsuit in Worcester County Superior Court, but other courts can have jurisdiction in some cases.
There’s also no time to waste. As explained above, you only have 3 years from the date of your car accident to file a lawsuit seeking damages (financial compensation). But in most cases, the sooner you take action, the stronger your case. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to a Worcester car accident attorney at our law firm right away.
How We Can Help You
If another driver did something to cause your accident on Route 12, Chandler Street or anywhere else in Worcester, you might think you don't need a lawyer to get the money you deserve for your crash. You might assume that all you have to do is contact your insurance company and tell them you've been in an accident.
Unfortunately, that's not usually the case. Often, you'll run into many obstacles that prevent you from receiving the money you deserve for your accident. The other driver might deny doing anything wrong. They might even try to blame you for causing your collision. And then there are the insurance companies. They do everything they can to reduce or deny accident claims.
That's where we come in. Insurance companies don't scare us. We know how to take them on and win. Our Worcester car accident lawyers have decades of experience successfully obtaining compensation for injury victims and their families. Bills can add up fast. You may be unable to work or even complete routine activities, such as going to the grocery store. That's why you need us, fighting for your rights, every step of the way.