Worcester Truck Accident Lawyer
Complicated Cases Demand Tough Attorneys
Truck accidents in Worcester aren't like other accidents. Instead of just dealing with another driver, you often have to deal with several different companies: the trucking company, the company that loaded the truck, the owner of the cargo and all of their insurance providers.
That's why it's so important to contact a Worcester truck accident lawyer right away if you or a loved one has been hurt in an accident caused by a commercial truck driver. Whether your truck accident happened on I-290 or Park Avenue downtown, our accident attorneys know how to navigate the legal system in Worcester County and know how to get results.
Even if your case seems straightforward, don't simply assume that you automatically receive compensation for your crash. The truck driver might deny doing anything wrong. Trucking companies can be notoriously uncooperative. And then there are the insurance companies, who often do everything they can to avoid paying accident victims. That's why you need us in your corner, fighting for your rights. Contact the Law Offices of Mark E. Salomone and schedule your free case evaluation at our Worcester office.
545 Main St.
Worcester, MA 01608
Phone: (508) 753-1036
Why Do Worcester Truck Accidents Happen?
Accidents involving tractor-trailers, 18-wheelers, delivery truck and other commercial vehicles happen for many different reasons. Many of the most common causes of truck accidents on I-190 and elsewhere in Worcester include:
- Speeding truck drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Texting drivers
- Drivers asleep at the wheel
- Reckless drivers
- Overloaded trucks
Is this how your Worcester truck accident happened? Or are you dealing with a different scenario? Whatever the cause of your commercial truck accident, we can help you hold the driver accountable for his or her actions. That's why we want to meet with you right away and discuss your legal options.
5 things you should do after your truck accident in Worcester
A commercial truck crashed into your car in Worcester. What should you do? These are the five things we recommend doing to protect your health and your rights.
- Call the police - The first thing you should do is contact the police and ask them to investigate your truck accident. Depending on where your crash took place, an officer from the Worcester Police Department or a trooper from the Massachusetts State Police will likely respond. That way, you’ll have a record of what happened.
- Get medical attention - Even if you feel fine, have a doctor examine you. If necessary, seek immediate medical attention at St. Vincent Hospital or another nearby medical facility in Worcester. You could have a life-threatening internal injury. Having a doctor document your injury also eliminates any doubt if insurance companies start questioning the severity of your injury.
- Document your crash - The more information you have about your accident, the better. Take photos of your crash. Write down what happened. Interview witnesses - and get their full names, address and phone numbers in case anyone needs to reach them later.
- Call your insurance company - Tell your insurance company you have been in an accident caused by a commercial truck. But keep your comments to a minimum. Remember, anything you say can be used to deny your claim, including comments made to your own insurance provider in certain circumstances.
- Contact us - When you have us on your side, we can handle all the legal aspects of your case from start to finish. From contacting the trucking company to negotiating with insurance providers, to filing a lawsuit on your behalf, our Worcester truck accident lawyers are prepared to do whatever it takes to make sure justice is served.